Seniors etnography researchs
Here we have a compilation of ethnographic researchs performed with seniors from Brazil, and it is based on three researchs:
1) Someone like me – Uma pessoa como eu [link content in portuguese]
The image self construction is the first point for antropological researchs. This research had been based in self documentation, where the interviewed answered to some questions taking photos by her self.
2) My home, my temple – Minha casa, meu templo [link content in portuguese]
The home (the place where the individual lives) structure and objects compose the meaning source that is the second point for antropological researchs. This research had been based in photo documentation and interview.
3) Field research – Pesquisa de campo [link content in portuguese]
The individual culture is the third point for antropological researchs. This research had been based in photo documentation, activity observation and interview.
The common characteristics seen:
- The common feeling of missing (saudade) of loved people who had already left or that are yet alive, but don’t live near the interviewed;
- The family importance
- The use of television as a common passtime.